www.mozilla.com Weather Central
Voices
Headlines

Wichita, Winfield firms selected to pitch their plans at area investor conference -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

Wichita hires new director for parks department -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra to return to Intrust Bank Arena on Dec. 5 -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

Suspect in custody after stabbing near Harry and Rock -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

Stephen King to speak at Wichita's Hughes Metroplex on Nov. 14 -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

ICM signs agreements to manage ethanol plants -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

Bull riders coming to Kansas Star Arena -9/15/2014, 4:43 PM

myTown Calendar

SPOTLIGHT
[var top_story_head]

Police: Carbon monoxide possible cause of deaths

Published on -2/27/2013, 7:10 AM

Printer-friendly version
E-Mail This Story

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas City, Kan., police say a man and his sister were found dead in their home, and carbon monoxide poisoning is the suspected cause of death.

Police say a family member found the bodies of a 58-year-old man and his 69-year-old sister Tuesday evening. Their names were not released.

The Kansas City Star reports (http://bit.ly/WqWKcX ) emergency responders found a gas-powered generator running in a basement garage and an extension cord linked to appliances in the home, which was without power because of a winter storm.

Responders found carbon monoxide readings in the garage of 600 parts per million, far above what is considered dangerous.

Two small dogs also were found dead in the home.

digg delicious facebook stumbleupon google Newsvine
More News and Photos

Associated Press Videos