The Hays USD 489 Board of Education will meet Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the Toepfer Board Room, 323 W. 12th.
Discussion topics include:
• Lori Carselowery, Greenbush regional coordinator, will discuss district purchasing options through Greenbush, Southeast Kansas Education Service Center.
• There will be an update from the crisis committee.
• The Hays Middle School technology committee will make a recommendation about students taking iPads home in the 2016-17 school year.
• Hays USD 489 Technology Director Scott Summers will present an update on the purchase of K-8 teacher devices — 153 Dell Latitude 3570 laptops for $97,155.
• Summers also will discuss approving an addendum to the three-year contract with Eagle Communications Inc. to upgrade from 200 Mbps to 400 Mbps.
• Nutrition Services Director Jessica Younker will present milk bid information.
• Revisions of administration and classified staff handbooks.
• Superintendent Dean Katt will discuss the three ballot questions on the bond election June 7.
• The board could discuss health insurance options.
• Shanna Dinkel, director of curriculum, will discuss purchasing English language arts materials for the next school year.
• Site council reports will be reviewed.
• Ramification of Kansas Supreme Court decision about school finance.
• Certified staff half-step payment in June per negotiations.