In a 2012 book by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, titled "Screwed," they write: "One of the greatest threats to our liberty is the almost unknown treaties the internationalists are pushing, which would bind the United States hand and foot to global policies."
The authors claim former globalists and the Democrats who control the Senate (which ratifies treaties) are rushing to get the agreements approved while Barack Obama is president.
Here is a list of treaties the authors wrote "would change our nation, our governing system and our civil liberties."
* Take away the right of Congress or the president to go to war unless the U.N. approves.
* Hold American presidents and cabinet members criminally responsible for going to war without U.N. approval.
* Limit the right of the U.S. Navy to keep the seas open
* Require half of the royalties from offshore oil and gas drilling and mineral mining to go to a U.N. body to distribute as it wishes with no control by the U.S.
* Require us to share our offshore drilling technology with all other nations
* Require us to assure, through registration and other intrusive methods, that none of the gun owners in America export their weapons to other countries
* Establish international jurisdiction over firearms in the U.S.
* Prohibit the U.S. from deploying antimissile defense weapons systems in outer space to counter the threat from Iran, North Korea and China.
* Require the U.S. to give foreign aid to poor nations to assure that their children have adequate health care, education, clothing, nutrition and housing.
* Ban corporal punishment in school and at home in the U.S.
* Create a legal basis for suing state and local governments to demand they increase spending for welfare/education, and health care for children.
* Enact regulations to reduce the need for automobiles and encourage people to migrate from rural to urban areas.
Lt. Col. Oliver North said recently, "the globalists at the U.N. think that the U.S. should submit our soldiers and military leaders to the whims of their International Criminal Court" and asked this question, "Should we ever allow foreigners to judge the conduct of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, special forces, guardsmen and Marines?" He also said, "Barack Obama did not win any mandate to turn our country over to the United Nations. He is trying to do just that."
North added: "For 23 years now, we have warned of the direct danger that the United Nations and its members, many of whom claim to be our allies, have caused our sovereignty and security. In fact, we have directly fought globalists at the UN and right here in our own country who have pushed for U.S. acceptance of: a global United Nations Army; the International Criminal Court; a global income tax; the Kyoto Environmental Treaty; a global ban on handguns; so-called World Heritage Sites; and a global ban on the death penalty."
Most people I talk to have never heard of all of these things because they have been kept a secret. I think we had better wake up -- and soon.
John R. Bolton, former ambassador to the United Nations, warned often of the activities of the United Nations and how it would affect our country if we should follow its plans. He said in a recent letter, "As a former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., I know what America must do to protect our borders, our citizens, and our way of life, not just from terrorists, but from the long arm of the U.N. 'globalists.' "
If we, as citizens of the U.S., are not willing to become subservient to the United Nations, we should make known our threats which are being favored by several in our government, before it is too late.
Arris Johnson is a member of The Hays Daily News Generations advisory group.