By The Hays Daily News

ELLIS --An electrical fire at a home on the north side of Ellis occurred Tuesday afternoon.

The fire started in an electric junction box in the ceiling between the first and second floor.

Ellis County Rural Fire Chief Dick Klaus said the home, located at the 1800 block of Ellis Avenue, received water damage, smoke damage, and damage from the removal of the ceiling to extinguish the fire.

The residents were home at the time the fire started.

"The family smelled smoke and the smoke alarms went off," said Klaus. There were no injuries.

Crews were on the scene for about 90 minutes.