MANHATTAN (MCT) -- Kansas State hammered Texas Tech 45-13 on Saturday night behind 395 yards of total offense -- 295 passing and 105 rushing - and five touchdowns from senior quarterback Jake Waters.

K-State (4-1, 2-0 Big 12) was equally impressive on defense against Texas Tech's vaunted passing attack -- the Red Raiders came into the game averaging 344 passing yards but quarterback Davis Webb struggled all night, going 22-of-43 for 247 yards and four interceptions.

Texas Tech (2-3, 0-2) seemed sharp on its first drive, moving the ball from its own 30 to K-State's 7-yard line before Webb was intercepted by Wichita native Morgan Burns in the end zone in Burns' first action since an injury on Sept. 18 against Auburn.

The Wildcats made the most of the opportunity, with Waters avoiding pressure and finding senior Curry Sexton for a 48-yard touchdown pass and a 7-0 lead with 7:18 left in the first quarter.

Waters consistently kept the Red Raiders off balance on defense in the first half with his ability to run the ball -- the senior set up K-State's second touchdown with a 50-yard run to the Texas Tech 8-yard line, and finished off the drive with a 4-yard touchdown run for a 14-0 lead.

On defense, the Wildcats' got another interception -- this one by Travis Green -- that set up a 27-yard field goal by Mitch McCrane for a 17-0 lead, but one bad series cost them a first-half shutout.

Texas Tech pushed the ball into K-State territory on a trick play -- a toss to running back DeAndre Washington, who passed the ball back to Webb, who found Jordan Davis for a 26-yard gain to the K-State 25-yard line. Three plays later, a miscommunication by defensive backs Dante Barnett and Randall Evans let Jakeem Grant get open for a 22-yard touchdown pass from Webb that cut K-State's lead to 17-7 with 4:11 left in the second quarter

The Wildcats weren't done scoring, however. Waters went 6 of 7 passing on K-State's final drive before halftime -- and added a 19-yard run -- finally finding Tyler Lockett for a 15-yard touchdown pass and a 24-7 lead at halftime.

Waters and Lockett connected for another touchdown in the third quarter -- this one from 14 yards out for a 31-7 lead and aided by a pair of Texas Tech miscues on the drive. The Red Raiders were penalized twice once the Wildcats got the ball past midfield, once for unsportsmanlike conduct and once for pass interference.

Sexton added another touchdown on a highlight-reel catch in the fourth quarter, going up and grabbing the ball with one hand over a Texas Tech defender for a 3-yard score and a 38-13 K-State lead.

Green added another interception in the third quarter, but appeared to hurt his knee on the return and had to go to the locker room for further examination. Burns also picked Webb off again in the fourth quarter.

Lockett finished with 125 receiving yards, Sexton with 128.

K-State now heads into its bye week with a head full of steam after back-to-back blowout wins and a showdown at No. 4 Oklahoma looming on Oct. 18.