The 2016 Ellis County Spelling Bee is set for 7 p.m. Thursday in the Memorial Union Ballroom at Fort Hays State University.
Judges will be Jeanie Michaelis, Marla Staab and Carol Ellis.
The spelling bee is organized by the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The winner will compete in the 2016 Sunflower Spelling Bee on March 5 in Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center at FHSU.
Competitors at the Ellis County Spelling Bee include:
• Lincoln Elementary School: Ethan Marshall, Justus Nelson, Meg Taggart and Brittnee Leiker.
• O’Loughlin Elementary School: Cayden Harrell, Mason Schleicher, Blake Buckles and Gage Porter.
• Roosevelt Elementary School: Logan Daniels, Grayson Walburn, Haley Rees and Savannah Schmitz.
• Wilson Elementary School: Aspen Melvin, Elle Dreiling, Elijah McCullough and Jevelle Hull.
• St. Mary’s School, Ellis: Maja Crawford, Taegan Shannon, Emily Eck and Kylee Pfeifer.
• Washington Elementary School, Ellis: Harlie Bittel, Quinton Shepard, Carson North and Mackenzie Bates.
• Thomas More Prep-Marian Junior High School: Tyson Dinkel, Sheena Zeng, Travis Wierman and Jace Shinette.
• Hays Middle School: Ryan Zhang, Megan Flavin, Olivia Reed and Emily Huff.
• Ellis Junior High School: Grace Beisner, Clay Shaw, Evalyn Miller and Addie Shepard.