The man who is suspected of shooting a Menards security guard in a Monday shoplifting has been arrested, police said.

The 18-year-old man, who is also suspected of leading police on a Tuesday afternoon chase on Kellogg, was arrested in Hays, Officer Charley Davidson said in a Wednesday release.

A 17-year-old girl who is also thought to be involved in the shoplifting was arrested after a Tuesday police chase ended in a rollover crash in Derby, police previously said.

Officers were first called to the Menards at 37th North and Maize at around 4:50 p.m. on Monday, police previously said. A loss protection officer had tried to stop two suspected shoplifters from taking a home surveillance system.

The store employee got in a physical struggle with a woman, police said, when the man she was with shot the employee in the stomach. The officer was released from the hospital later that day.

Just before noon on Tuesday, someone reported to officers that the black SUV involved in the shoplifting was in the 900 block of West 34th Street South, police previously said.

Officers found the vehicle in the 2000 block of South Broadway, but the driver refused to stop, starting a high-speed police chase. Stop sticks were used multiple times but were not successful, police said.

The chase ended on Meadowlark near K-15 in Derby, when the SUV flipped several times. The driver was taken to a hospital in critical condition, police said.

The 17-year-old Wichita girl, who is thought to be involved in the shooting, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated battery firearms, shoplifting, fleeing police and auto theft, police said.

At around 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the 18-year-old man who is thought to involved in the shooting, was found by officers in the 2600 block of South Minnesota, police said.

He got into a stolen car and refused to stop when officers tried to pull him over, police said. The chase was called off due to excessively high speeds on Kellogg.

He was later arrested in Hays, police said.