Anthony (Tony) Edwin Reynolds passed away Aug. 21, 2019, at Comfort Care Homes in Wichita, Kansas. Tony was born April 16, 1930, in Hempstead, New York, to Mary and Frank Driscoll.

Tony’s parents were divorced five years later, which left his mother with no financial support at a time when jobs, even for registered nurses, were scarce. However, Mary was hired by Standard Oil to work in the company’s hospital in Aruba. Mary became fluent in Spanish, and in two years, she was transferred to Venezuela, where eventually she was placed in charge of the Standard Oil hospital.

Tony lived for several years with his paternal grandmother in Binghamton, New York, but when she became ill with cancer, Tony and his older brother, Timothy, were sent to live on a tobacco farm in Southern Maryland, where other one-parent children were cared for by Margaret Chichester, a regal lady of English ancestry.

Tony’s mother remarried in 1945. Prior to the marriage, Tony traveled to Venezuela on an oil tanker to meet the man who would become his stepfather, Edwin Harrison Reynolds. Ed Reynolds adopted Tony, whose name was changed to Anthony Edwin Reynolds.

After graduating from the University of Maryland and a two-year stint in the United States Army, Tony began a career as a real estate appraiser, at first working for the Veterans Administration and then for the General Services Administration in Washington, D.C.

Tony married Judith Smith in 1957. In 1959 he became a member of the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers (MAI) and was awarded an MBA from American University in Washington, D.C. Later he taught at American University.

In 1959 their daughter, Stephanie, was born, and in 1962 their son, Anthony Jr., entered their world. The Reynolds family made their home on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., where they lived until 1995. In 1983 Tony became the president of the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers. In that position, he traveled with Judith, who by then was also an MAI and his partner in their appraisal firm Reynolds & Reynolds, to many cities in the U.S. and other countries. In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Tony addressed the members of the Pan Pacific Conference of appraisers. In 1995 the couple moved with their son Anthony, known as T.J,. to LaCrosse, Kansas, Judith’s former hometown.

Tony is survived by his wife, Judith; his daughter, Stephanie Reynolds, and his son-in-law, Thomas Park, both of Chicago, Illinois; his son, T.J., of LaCrosse; his grandson, Nicholas Park-Reynolds; two nieces, Mary Kelly Driscoll-Sherman (Michael Sherman) and Katie Driscoll Burdock, two nephews, Christopher Driscoll and Patrick Driscoll (Sally), and numerous great nieces, great nephews, great-great nieces and great-great nephews.

He was preceded in death by his mother, Mary Reynolds, his father Frank Driscoll, his father Edwin Reynolds, his brother, Timothy Driscoll, and two nephews, Timothy Driscoll and Michael Driscoll.

Visitation will be Sunday, August 25, 2019, from 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at the Janousek Funeral Home, LaCrosse, Kansas, with the family receiving friends from 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Contributions may be made to the Rush County Memorial Hospital Foundation, P.O. Box 782, LaCrosse, KS 67548.

Condolences or remembrances may be left for the family at

Arrangements were by Janousek Funeral Home, 719 Pine Street, P O Box 550, LaCrosse, Kansas 67548, 785/222-2517.