It took just four minutes and five seconds into the Fort Hays State University's women's game against Bethany College on Saturday before Lanie Page made her first appearance on the court.

In far less time, the Kansas State University transfer was making her presence felt as a scoring threat. Consecutive 3-pointers by the sophomore gave the Tigers a 15-6 lead by the 3:20 mark of the first quarter. Then she hit two jumpers in the second 10 minute stretch of the first half, going into the halftime break with 10 points.

Not too bad for debut as a Tiger.

"It's been fun," Page said of getting her Fort Hays State career started after just three practices and a couple shoot-arounds with the team. "I'm sure some people could see I was having trouble with a few plays. My teammates really helped me out with a lot of things."

The spring semester will be Page's first at Fort Hays as she took classes at K-State in the fall while making trips to Hays to watch her new team a few times.

While Page did what she could in her first game for Fort Hays, the Tigers did the rest, running away from Bethany for a 68-39 non-conference win. The game is Fort Hays' first since beating Midland 73-46, Dec. 19. In 19 minutes of playing time, Page — a Wamego High School grad — led the Tigers with 14 points.

"I think considering everything (with Page being new to the team) she did fine," Fort Hays coach Toby Hobson said. "She's still tentative and a little hesitant just because she's been with the team just four days, trying to learn everything and the other kids have been here four months. She handled it well. You can see she's going to contribute to our team in a real positive way."

Showing a little rust from the layoff, the Tigers (11-2) struggled to get much of a flow, but still didn't have a lot of trouble against Bethany. The Swedes had problems dealing with Fort Hays’ size advantage. The Tigers won the rebound battle, 40-25.

Fort Hays also was dealing with team members battling illness. And guard Taylor Rolfs is recovering from an ankle injury. She played 15 minutes and had four points with a steal.

"I know four or five of the kids were sick over the break," Hobson said. "You come back and you practice three days, so the conditioning isn't there. Our timing was off a little bit. (Rolfs) hasn't played for three weeks now. I thought we were a little sloppy and been better with our execution."

Despite the troubles, there never was much cause for concern. The Tigers jumped out to a 19-8 lead in the first quarter, then led by 21 at halftime. A Page jumper in the fourth quarter gave Fort Hays its first 31-point lead at 58-27.

Along with Page scoring in double-digits, forward Tayyana Legette dropped in 10 points. She had a team-high eight rebounds.

The Tigers will go back into MIAA play Thursday at No. 11 Central Missouri.  They will follow with a trip to Southwest Baptist on Jan. 6. The game against the Jennies on Thursday starts at 5:30 p.m.

"It will be a really tough road trip to get back into it," Hobson said. "Hopefully we'll be ready for it and be a little bit sharper on Thursday.”